If you are worried about another player, maybe because he or she has mentioned one of the following things in the chat:
- They have talked about hurting themselves
- They have talked about having suicidal thoughts
- They have talked about being a victim of some form of domestic abuse or violence
- They have talked about being a victim of rape
These are the things you should do:
1) Encourage them to get help
Please encourage the person to contact a helpline. Certain situations require the help of a healthcare professional. There are professionals all over the world who can help the person deal with the situation they find themselves in.
The below resources contain contact details of international and national helplines who can provide help to those in need.
- Mental health/Self-harm/suicide: https://www.befrienders.org/
- Mental health/Self-harm/suicide:https://www.suicidestop.com/call_a_hotline.htm
- Mental health helpline:https://checkpointorg.com/global/
- Mental health helpline:https://www.unitedgmh.org/mental-health-support
- Child helplines:https://www.childhelplineinternational.org/
- Rape helpline:http://www.ibiblio.org/rcip/internl.html
- Domestic abuse helpline:(Europe) https://ec.europa.eu/justice/saynostopvaw/helpline.html (United States) https://www.thehotline.org/help/ (Global) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domestic_violence_hotlines
Remember to look after yourself while you are supporting someone through such a difficult and emotional time. Ensure that you do not put yourself into a dangerous situation;
2) Contact local authorities
If you believe that the person is in immediate danger please contact local emergency services immediately.
3) Report the situation to us
If you are worried for the safety and wellbeing of another player, please make sure you report the situation to us immediately. You can reach us by accessing the OPTIONS menu, tapping on ‘Customer Support’ and selecting the report option.
All reports are treated anonymously, so the player you are reporting will not know that you have done so.